Sunday, 25 March 2012

Breakfast @ Garfish and Bruschetteria 102

Just a quick post about 2 breakfasts I had recently from 2 places at opposite sides of the Harbour Bridge.

Garfish Crows Nest

Breakfast at Garfish is only available till 11am on weekends so I always miss out because I tend to sleep in. So on that rare Saturday when I woke up early, I just had to go to Garfish for breakfast.
Since this was a rare visit, I decided to indulge and get the Garfish Breakfast which had scrambled eggs, chorizo, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, bacon and toast. Paired with excellent coffee, this was definitely worth waking up early for!
C had the Belgian waffles with bacon maple syrup. The waffles were delicious, and nothing beats bacon and maple. YUM!
Garfish 
29 Holtermann St
Crows Nest NSW 2065
Garfish on Urbanspoon


Bruschetteria 102

On the other side of the Harbour Bridge we found this rustic little place that serves bruschetta breakfasts.
True to the rustic theme, our coffees were served in mismatched mugs with souvenir teaspoons. 
My choice for breakfast was a salmon, tomato and scrambled eggs bruschetta. It came out on a wooden board served with a side salad. It was OK, but it didn't hit the spot for me because I'm not really fond of eating cold breakfasts and everything on the board except the toast and scrambled eggs was cold.  
C had a bruschetta topped with sauteed mushrooms, fried eggs and bacon. This was great! Hard to top bacon, eggs and mushrooms for breakfast. 
The bruschetta concept sets this place apart from other breakfast places. But food was just average for me. 

Bruschetteria 102
102 Albion St
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Bruschetteria 102 on Urbanspoon



2 comments:

  1. Dear foodiezee,

    It's been years since I was at Garfish in Crows Nest. The scramble eggs look pretty awesome since I've only had beautiful seafood in this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend their breakfast if you're ever in the area. Coffee's good too!

      Delete