Monday, 6 August 2012

Now Closed :( - Spiedo Restaurant and Bar

I'd been craving for pasta ever since that Italian pasta challenge episode on Masterchef and so I've been having some form of pasta dish over the past few weeks in the hopes of ending my craving. But none of the pastas I've had over the weeks hit the spot quite like the ones I recently had at Spiedo in Westfield.

I love love love the pastas we had at Spiedo. C and I weren't too hungry so we opted for the braised snail entree and 2 small portions of gnocchi and the casoncelli. The pastas come in full serves as well but we just didn't think we'd be able to finish full serves. 

Food came out fairly quick and all the dishes were delicious. The gnocchi with wild boar ragout was our favourite of the evening.

Lumache brasate. Braised snails, spinach, croutons ($14). This was a tasty dish. I loved the bread underneath which soaked up all that lovely braising liquid. 



Casoncelli alla Bresciana. Veal & Pork filled casoncelli, burnt butter, sage, crispy pancetta ($16/$24). Really silky pasta and lovely filling. You can't go wrong with burnt butter and sage!
Gnocchi al cinghiale e maggiorana. Gnocchi, wild boar ragout, marjoram ($17/$25). My favourite dish of the day. The gnocchi was so fluffy and delicate, and the wild boar ragout with marjoram was just awesome. Loved it!

I highly recommend Spiedo for great pasta. And if you make it to dinner before 7pm, you can enjoy happy hour drinks for $5!

So what did you think of Spiedo? 

Spiedo Restaurant and Bar

188 Pitt St Westfield Sydeny Level 6  

SydneyNSW 2000
Spiedo Restaurant and Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment