Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Blue Plate Bar and Grill

Warning for health buffs...this place is probably not for you!

Buffalo wings, clam chowder, potato skins, jambalaya, gumbo, and the list goes on. With giant bottles of tabasco and cans of cherry coke...All American favourites in one place.YUM! 
Started the night with a gin fizz and mint julep

Buffalo wings with celery sticks and blue cheese dip ($16), one of the most American dishes I can think of. I'm not usually a fan of eating chicken still on the bone but I always make an exception for buffalo wings. I love the tangy spicy sauce and the contrast of the blue cheese dressing. Finger lickin' good!
Potato skins...check! melted cheddar cheese...check! bacon bits...check! Loved this dish. It definitely won't be for everyone because it is such a rich dish but I personally loved it! The sour cream on the side made it even better.
We shared a cheese steak because we wanted to save room for dessert. Honestly I found this a little bland. I can't pinpoint what it was but it just didn't taste right to me...not the same as other cheesesteaks I've tasted.
Hershey Bomb ($18). It's THE BOMB! If you're a fan of Reese's peanut butter cups, you'll love this for sure. It's chocolate cake with peanut butter meringue, chocolate sauce and a peanut butter sauce. It's just delicious. The cake was a bit dry, but who cares....it's a giant Reese's cup!


Blue Plate Bar and Grill

24 Young St, Neutral Bay Map.d7ae2b6 
Neutral BayNSW 02089

Blue Plate Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment