Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Jones the Grocer (Sydney)

I haven't visited the Westfield food court in a while so I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the site of the old Becasse now houses Jones the Grocer.

Came here with some friends for dinner. The menu had a wide selection of entrees, snacks, mains and desserts to choose from so there's something for everyone. 

Service was good, except when it came time for dessert. We had to wait a while before they remembered to offer us the dessert menu. 

But I think what gives this place that oomph is it's design and layout. I really like the concept of a grocery/restaurant...think Fratelli Fresh.
Great design...love the display of cheeses and deli meats as you walk in.
We ordered some duck pate to start served with toasted brioche. I love pate so this was a great way to start the meal. Everyone at the table agreed this was a hit!


The zucchini chips were a light and crisp alternative to regular chips. I enjoyed this dish, only downside is that it became soft and soggy quite quickly. The whitebait was excellent and was made even better by the yummy dipping sauce.
Perfectly cooked venison with foie gras. I enjoyed the flavours of this dish. It looked dainty and elegant, but size is deceiving. It's not a big portion but it was quite rich. I struggled to finish this because of the richness.
This was such a humongous Flintstones size dish! You'd have to be really really hungry to even finish this. The steak and the beef rib was very tender. I think this is big enough to feed 2 people. 
Berry panna cotta for dessert...a lovely way to end the meal.

Jones the Grocer Sydney


Level 5, Cnr Castlereagh & Market Streets 
SydneyNSW 2000
Jones the Grocer on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment