Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Bar Contessa

Locking myself out of my apartment at night and having to drive around the world (or Sydney!) the next day to retrieve my spare keys...my weekend obviously didn't go too well!

The only saving grace was having wonderful friends who let me crash at their place for the night, and having a lovely brunch at Bar Contessa in Balmain to de-stress. 

House made corn cakes with chorizo, guacamole and tomatoes and rocket. I stole a bit from N's plate and I loved it.
R was obviously hungry and got the Contessa Fry Up. The menu comes with a warning that you can't change the eggs..you'll have to have it sunny side up! It comes with chorizo, mushrooms, tomato relish, bacon, hash brown and toast. It's a HUGE!!!! breakfast so make sure you're super hungry. I think this'll be a perfect hangover cure.
I ordered the brioche French toast with caramelised bananas and crispy bacon, drizzled with maple syrup. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. What can I say, I can't resist bacon and maple syrup. The brioche French Toast was perfect too....not too dry and not at all soggy. 
Coffee is good too

Bar Contessa

Bar Contessa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment