Saturday, 28 September 2013

Ms.G's

I've been to Ms.G's a number of times but have never blogged about it so I thought it's about time I corrected this oversight.

Ms.G's is definitely not a one hit wonder with the place still very popular with diners. 

I personally love the fusion Asian dishes and have always had a great dining experience here. The food is inventive, consistently good, reasonably priced and the place is just cool. 
I've had the corn on the cob with parmesan each time I've visited Ms.G's and it's tasted great each time. I know it's just corn but this is no ordinary corn. It's not to be missed!
Yellowfin tuna, green tea soba and jalapeno dressing. Sounds simple but the flavours and textures are excellent. This was such a refreshing dish. 
Jow's sweet and sour lamb ribs. I've had these ribs a few times and have loved it each time. The lamb was fall off the bone tender and would be perfect with a bowl of rice.
Banh Xeo, a Vietnamese pancake filled with oyster, lap cheong sausage and veggies. The pancake was super thin and crisp. Everything in the pancake was fresh and delicious. 
Stoner's Delight..an apt name for this odd mix of bacon, banana fritters, potato chips, Mars bar, peanut butter, jam and donut ice cream. An awesome oddball dessert. Reminds me of Momofuku Milk Bar's compost cookie. 
The place was jam packed by 7pm so arriving early is recommended.
I spotted Bo Ssam on the menu but couldn't order it as there were only 2 of us. So I'm definitely gathering the troops and returning for some porky goodness! Can't wait!

Ms.G's

155 Victoria Street
Potts PointNSW
http://merivale.com.au/msgs/
Ms.G's on Urbanspoon

2 comments: